Lit is a literary magazine created by the Seattle School community for the Seattle School community. It is supported and funded by the Office of Students and Alumni. Lit publishes fiction, creative nonfiction, and poetry.
All members of the Seattle School community are invited to submit–that is, students, spouses/partners, faculty, staff, and alumni.
- 2,500 word maximum for prose
- 100 line maximum for poetry
- Up to 5 submissions per person
- Submissions must be attached in a .doc/.docx or .rtf format
***Note to Artists: Unlike previous issues, Lit now only publishes cover art along with its literary contributions.
Cover Art Guidelines:
- All styles of art are accepted (photographs, drawings, paintings, graphic design, sculpture, etc.)
- Up to 3 submissions per person
- Submissions must be attached as a high resolution JPEG
All written submissions go through a blind reading and judging process in which Lit‘s 5-6 readers will score each piece based on both its style and overall message. The top 15-20 scores will then be published. The highest overall score wins the editors’ choice award of a $50 gift certificate to Elliot Bay Book Co. and a special note in the issue.
How to Submit:
Please send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include with your work a brief 50-100 word bio.